Covid-19 Lockdown Roadmap Explainer Video from 22nd Feb 2021
CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION & ADVICE
Covid-19 rates are high and rising fast in Newham and across London. Therefore, testing is now available in Newham for people with symptoms and selected priority groups of residents without symptoms.
IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS
Test appointments can be booked by calling 119 or visiting the GOV.UK website.
If you have any of the three main Covid-19 symptoms (new persistent cough, fever or loss/change of your sense of smell or taste) you should get tested at one of our drive-through or walk-through sites, or via a home test kit.
If you or someone in your household has symptoms you and your household should isolate for 10 days.
(From Monday 14 December 2020 the isolation period for contacts has been reduced to 10 days).
There are four ways to get tested if you have symptoms in Newham:
1. Walk through testing (Beckton, Hilda Road East Ham and Stratford locations, and temporary test sites at East Ham Town Hall and Newham Leisure Centre)
2. Drive through testing (Lea Valley Athletic Track and O2 Arena)
3. Home testing kits
4. Mobile testing unit (Details and availability on the online booking portal by clicking below or calling 119)
Booking is recommended for all testing options, and required for the drive through and temporary testing sites.
FOR ADULTS WHO DO NOT HAVE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
Covid-19 testing is being offered to specific groups of Newham residents and employees even if they DO NOT have any symptoms.
· This testing is only available to people aged 18+
· People who care for others (this may be paid or unpaid)
· People who live in multi-generational households
· People who live with someone who has a long-term condition or has been asked to shield
· People who have to go out for work (can’t work from home)
WEARING FACE MASKS FROM 24TH JULY 2020
People are exempt if:
· They have a disability or health condition that means they cannot put a covering on
· A covering will cause them severe distress or anxiety
· They need to communicate with someone who relies on lip reading
· They have a reasonable need to eat, drink or take medicine
There is no requirement to obtain evidence in the form of a letter from a doctor or government that you are exempt. If you have a condition which means you cannot wear a face covering you need only advise if asked that you cannot wear a face covering because you are exempt for one of the reasons listed above.
Please see latest information on GOV.UK
Please see practice guidance and download exemption badge here
NHS TEST AND TRACE APP: HOW YOU CAN HELP
The NHS Test and Trace App provides a quick, easy and anonymous way for customers to check in to venues, which is an important part of Public Health England’s contact tracing efforts.
Until a vaccine is found, contact tracing is vital to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
All businesses are currently asked to keep a manual log of contact details of those who visit their venues, and the app is a way to automate this process.
We are asking customers to check in to Newham businesses using the NHS Test and Trace app to help improve the technology ahead of a nationwide rollout.
If someone uses the NHS QR scanner to check into venues, the app will keep a log of the places they’ve visited for 21 days. This information stays on a user’s phone, and can be deleted at any time by the user.
If a user is ever in the same place, at the same time, as someone who goes onto develop coronavirus, they will receive an alert from the app with advice on what action to take to stop the virus spreading further.